Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chilly chill

Greg's friend gave us his freezer. Now 20 cubic feet of cold space is calling out to be used. I have NO idea what to fill it with. Any good suggestions?

7 comments:

  1. We fill ours with Costco blueberries and mixed berries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please. You are from North Jersey. Dead bodies, OB-viously! (You can get them there using Maurisa's trunk.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was in mine when it died a few weeks ago?

    Meat - bought large amounts when it's on really good sale
    Frozen Veggies - Schwan's has great resealable bags and super cheap veggies
    Frozen Pizzas
    Butter - also bought on sale
    Wheat Flour - I use an expensive brand, so I stock up when it goes on sale
    Meals I'd made and frozen for later, like soups and lasagna and hash browns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emilia- love it!

    Val- if it were my freezer it would be full of meat and ice cream. Oh and maybe some freezer jam that I would conveniently have someone else make for me. Perhaps I would throw in a few vegetables too just so that it didn't look like all I ate were meat and ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so, so, so pleased for you. Sounds like the other comments center on sale items. That's a good idea, and you'll be surprised how fast it fills up. You're favorite meats - on sale - vegetables and fruits - on sale - cheese, etc. Save the inside fridge/freezer for ice cream.

    ReplyDelete