Friday, August 20, 2010

Dining Room Conversion

Well, the builders 20 years ago may have thought this was a dinning room, but in the 2 years we have lived here it has been so much more.

empty (again, wrestling space)
a place for boxes
or tools
Legos
But after much thought we decided to turn it into a

Computer Room!

I know lots of people are doing it. We are hoping we get popular by doing it too...

Dinning room before:

Looking from the kitchen into the dinning room.
Standing in the dinning room looking into the kitchen, look closely at the UGLY chair rail.

My dad pulled the chair rail down while he was here at Christmas, he patched up the holes and my mom primed. It took me a while to pick out the right paint, but I finally listened to my wise sister and went with the same blue from the living room that we love SO much. Baseboards are coming, just don't look too closely!
(How can I blame her? For two years I have been throwing paint on the walls! Why shouldn't she?)


Computer / Map Room after:
new chandelier
new walls
new floor!
Re-purposed rug
some old furniture
some new-to-us furniture, mostly from Craig's list
Stain Glass window that Sonya found on the street and Mom refinished
We'll get some new curtains when we are feeling rich, but otherwise it's perfect

A brief moment of clean, I had to take pictures before the mess piled up again. I kept telling Greg how awesome this chair was, so now in complete seriousness, Indiana calls this the awesome chair. As in, "ah! Baby just crawled under the awesome chair!"
A little space for crafts, homework, or learning to walk with--Baby C is pulling up on everything!
My busy desk, only slightly organized.

For a better view of the great chandler check out the living room post.

4 comments:

  1. Buxton blue, right? or Buckston...anyway, totally stole from you and love this color it is in a hall and laundry and dining area here....awesome!
    room looks great..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to see the stained glass window up. It is truly unique, never find another thing like that again in your life. Heavy as HECK! How did you anchor it. I know you were worried how to make sure it wouldn't come crashing down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Buxton Blue, I'm so happy you liked it!

    The window has actually been up for a while, just haven't posted about it. I used picture hangers that were strong enough to hold twice it's weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Buxton Blue (the color in my bedroom) and the window looks great!

    ReplyDelete