Thursday, December 16, 2010

Quiet Book Poll

Quiet Books keep entering my life. A few years ago I made a sad, little one, that was fine, but nowhere close to what I had envisioned. Then 2 years ago my friend forwarded this blog to me and I got all excited, but I did nothing about it. Nothing, that is, until this Thanksgiving. I went nuts and worked like crazy -- staying-up-until-1-am-crazy. I also mentioned it to everyone I talked to. Then I talked with a women who had never heard of a quiet book. How could this be? Were there really children who didn't grow up keeping busy (and quiet) with quiet books? So now I'm curious, what are your quiet book memories? Or take the poll...

7 comments:

  1. I love it! Such fancy edges. Will you show pictures of some of the pages too? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you worry, I will show off ALL my pages, once I have more finished. And time to take all the pictures, I'm guessing after Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very impressed that you have done this. I thought about making one at one time but it just seemed like so much work. I never had one growing up and so maybe that is why I never felt the need to make one. I can hardly wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After looking at that blog, i can see why you became obsessed! I may start telling the grandmas to get started on one for Lilyanna for next Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! When I was helping my mom move last summer she found the material and some finished pages of a quiet book she started when I was a baby. Um, that's a 34-year-old project. So you can pat yourself on the back and know your a big step ahead of some people. (That includes me. I haven't even started one.) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you send me the blog link to the Quiet Book?

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://quietbook.blogspot.com/
    Here's the link, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete