It's funny how things turn out, here's how things have gone so far:
I think of an idea,
I wait 3 years to mention this idea to Greg,
Greg says it's a great idea,
I finally get around to doing that idea.
So here's what we've done:
We put in the great shelving from the Container store. I love it, I can keep stuff out of the hands of little ones, get a little more organized, and keep a bit more of my sanity. Plus there's lots of desk space for the kiddos and their homework. Easy access to recycling bins, crayons, etc. Next, I spent a few days rewiring the room so that the cable and the phone jack would be on this wall instead of the other wall. That's right I said I rewired the room! Impressed? I did get instructions on how to do this from my dad over the phone, thanks again Dad!
Something I didn't see happening was that this room has become a second TV rooms of sorts. We end up watching movies and stuff on the internet and so the computer room needed more comfortable seating. Greg took a day off and we headed to Ikea. We came home with a couch! Here the kiddos are comfortably sitting in the van while the couch is in front of them covered by the Star Wars quilt.
As I sat watching a show once, I realized how close we are to finishing this room. One easy fix was the curtains. I'm not a fan. Since we end up spending time in here at night, I feel like we are on display for anyone outside this window. Something had to be done...
I finally decided on a window treatment. This was not an easy decision for me. I feel like anything I buy will end up being a toy for the children in the house, so anything with a string was out. I have a feeling that these won't last forever, but they work for now. They let in a bunch of light, while blocking out anything we may be doing in the office (say staying up late watching old episodes of 30 Rock).






I love those blinds, it makes the room more like an office for one thing and makes it feel more spacious. Nice couch too. I wa thinking at one time of getting you a comfy chair for the computer, like the new one we have. What do you think? Too late for this year.
ReplyDelete