After just 2 days of school, sickness hit...hard. I can't blame them getting this sickness at school, they weren't there long enough.
On Friday Yoda started feeling sick. As I loaded him into the van to pick up the school children he got sick ALL OVER the van...uh...
By Saturday it was obvious he had strep--thank goodness for urgent care. It's his first time with this bacteria, and he was crazy sick.
By Saturday it was obvious he had strep--thank goodness for urgent care. It's his first time with this bacteria, and he was crazy sick.
Regularly on Mondays I pick up two of our neighbors from school. But this Monday their babysitter didn't show up so their dad asked me to keep them until their mom came home from work. No problem right?
Well...I show up at the school and Mimi isn't there! I'm told to park and walk up because Mimi has been sick.
In my head:"AH! Did I send a sick kid to school?" "Did she get "sick" as in made a mess?" "Was she sick all day but didn't know she was allowed to call to go home?"
yes, yes, and yes
Her teacher was very nice about it, but as I unpacked her un-eaten lunch and early morning snack I was crying thinking of how terrible she must have felt but didn't know what to do about it.
She's feeling better--hence the thumbs up.
Well...I show up at the school and Mimi isn't there! I'm told to park and walk up because Mimi has been sick.
In my head:"AH! Did I send a sick kid to school?" "Did she get "sick" as in made a mess?" "Was she sick all day but didn't know she was allowed to call to go home?"
yes, yes, and yes
Her teacher was very nice about it, but as I unpacked her un-eaten lunch and early morning snack I was crying thinking of how terrible she must have felt but didn't know what to do about it.
She's feeling better--hence the thumbs up.
I told Parker like 100 times to tell me if he feels at all sick, throat, head, tummy, anything.
*this morning*
Me:"Good morning, Parker, how do you feel, do you feel sick at all?"
Parker:"I feel totally fine."
*30 seconds later*
Parker pointing to his throat:"By the way these things hurt when I swallow"
Me:"That means you're sick and you're not going to school"
Parker--bummed that he won't get perfect attendance again this year.
This picture was taken just about 30 minutes away from Parker asking me to turn up the heat. Now his fever is back and he's feeling terrible again.
*this morning*
Me:"Good morning, Parker, how do you feel, do you feel sick at all?"
Parker:"I feel totally fine."
*30 seconds later*
Parker pointing to his throat:"By the way these things hurt when I swallow"
Me:"That means you're sick and you're not going to school"
Parker--bummed that he won't get perfect attendance again this year.
This picture was taken just about 30 minutes away from Parker asking me to turn up the heat. Now his fever is back and he's feeling terrible again.




oh dear, that doesn't look fun. My kids start next week. We'll see how long they last...
ReplyDeleteDon't blame yourself about Mimi. Seems like if the school nurse knew she was sick they should have called you. It's not Mimi's job to tell her what to do! Jeesh! (otherwise, all kids look adorable)
ReplyDelete