Monday, August 12, 2013

VaCa Post #3

One day we stopped by this odd little roadside attraction.  Basically this trip I did all the tourist-isty things I never did as a kid when I would visit family--hey, I'm the grownup now :)



 There was even a petting zoo. 

 Mimi wasn't shy!  

 Ice cream with Grandma!   
 This whole place is built around this crazy house that's built into this rock.  It's literally a house in a rock.

__________

 One whole day we went up on the mountain to fish and have a picnic. 


On the way up Granddad showed us some dinosaur tracks.  Unlike other prehistoric sites we've seen, these are unmarked and you can touch them!  In a later post I'll refer to these tracks again. 

Here's Parker standing in one of the tracks.  

And Yoda staring them. 


 At the lake, Hello Beautiful! 
 Granddad got Mimi and Parker fishing right after a nice picnic lunch. 


 Yoda held a rod for about 3 minutes and lost interest.  Luckily a little friend showed up and they goofed off for a while. 
 All the kiddos had LOTS of fun.  Anytime we see a body of water Yoda mentions that we are going fishing there tomorrow. 


 Dinner -- caught by Mimi and Parker with help from Granddad! 

So much more to come...

1 comment:

  1. That was such a fun day at Hole in the Rock.I was glad it didn't seem so very hot that day.

    ReplyDelete