We wanted to get a few things off our Ohio list before summer even hit, and we took photos to share just with you, whoever still reads this blog :)
Ohio has a National Park! Who knew?
We went and enjoyed a very long hike along
with many other people from all over the world. When we got home Greg
read the map again, the hike we went on was about 4 miles and considered
moderate to difficult. But it was beautiful. We did NOT bring enough water. I panicked a little. Lesson learned.
Parker did a little orienteering.
The hike went along an old canal and up and down some hills and over creeks and bridges.
We saw a deer and a toad.
All the way to a waterfall with a million other people who wouldn't move out of the way even though they had already taken about 3 minutes worth of pictures. So this guy got to be in our picture too.
And this guy, with the tree, neither one would move!
__________
We also visited Cincinnati and Newport, KY. There are TONS of things to do!
President Taft's house.
I could tell you all about the informative duck-boat tour, but I'll just show you this amazing bridge. It was one of the first suspension bridges in America and built way bigger then needed at the time (the river was like 5 feet deep). The Brooklyn Bridge is modeled after it a little. And that awesome building right behind it was built to mimic the bridge. Rumor has it that famous people have condos there.
Here's another bridge, just for pedestrians to cross the Ohio river.
There's a piece of the Berlin wall at the museum that memorializes the Underground Railroad. Remember how I said the river was like 5 feet deep, it made for ideal crossing for the Underground Railroad!
Off to Jungle Jim's grocery store (with lots of international and hard to find food)
And Ikea of course.
Every time I look at your blog I think how lucky your kids are, all the things they get to do, the learning for them. Right in the middle, there is a picture of Yoda and it's the first time I've seen the resemblance to Parker. Finally I can see the close tie.
ReplyDelete