Monday, October 13, 2014

Bathroom

Here's the update.  The plumber and the tile fitter did all the hard work.  We've still got a bit more to do, and when I say we, I mean me.  Greg would like to help, but he's busy; he finances the whole thing, and that's an important job.

I will post again when the room is complete, for now it's functional and that's good enough.

Just as a refresher here's where we started at day one

 Old floor (this one's for you, mom)  

I pulled up the floor, it took about 15 minutes, gross.  I also emptied out the bathrooms.  
 **********

 Day two = tub and wall out. 
 
 **********

 
 
 Day three = tub in and vanity out.  
At this point we still had a fully functional bathroom in our room, and this toilet still worked. 
**********

Here's a couple day-end photos of the tile work.  It's so lovely.  
 
 Extra protection RedGard paint. 
 See the little shampoo nooks?  And tile all the way to the ceiling?  So classy!
I did some wall repair and I added some trim around the room.  
I also painted (yes, it's blue, but a better blue!) 
 I also stained a new, smaller vanity.  
**********

 Here's today!
Sink, toilet, and working shower and tub.  The kiddos were so excited they brought in their light-up, Angry Birds toothbrushes to brush their teeth.  They might go back to our room for brushing until there's a mirror to stare at. 

I'll let you know when there's something new to report! 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job Val! You did fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the floor picture. I'm always so curious!! I'm very proud of you as always. Remarkable job. I can just hear your voice "so Classy". Cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It looks great and I can't wait to see in person. I <3 blue, as you know :)

    ReplyDelete