Monday, April 6, 2015

Meet Jane

In the 3rd grade, the students have a Wax Museum.  The kiddos learn about an important person and then dress up and pretend to be a wax figure of that person. Mimi's choice was Jane Goodall.  She had a lot of fun learning about her and even more fun dressing up like her.  Out of nowhere if she heard the number 80, Mimi would suddenly say, "Jane Goodall is 80 years old" or if someone mentioned Africa or anything about chimps Mimi would say, "Jane Goodall knows all about that." 
Here is Mimi doing her thing while Nana and Grandpa listen in...

 Here she is enthusiastically telling us all about her life and contribution to society. 

 When they were finished talking, they were supposed to return to their pose.  
For reference, here is the real Jane...
Jane Goodall HK.jpg
 And when someone pressed their 'start' button, they would start talking again.  It was pretty amusing. 
 *photobomb*

Just for kicks, here is Parker when he dressed up as Benjamin Franklin back in 2012. 

6 comments:

  1. Love this post. Wonderful school activity for your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoda is a good smiler you know. That's pretty awesome of Mimi. Wish I could have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I've looked at this post at least 4 times and I JUST realized my parents were in the first picture. :) Abby was JK Rowling for her wax museum last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. should have pointed that out, I'll do that now...

      Delete
  4. For the record, your daughter is completely fantastic. I love that she picked Jane Goodal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the record, your daughter is completely fantastic. I love that she picked Jane Goodal!

    ReplyDelete