Monday, May 18, 2015

Mimi goes horseback riding

I might have a photo of her actually ON a horse, but it's on someone's camera...


And the project for right now is the stairs...
Before


 One day Yoda stayed home from school sick, then Mimi called from school also sick.  I saw myself being trapped in the house with sick kiddos, so I panicked and started pulling up carpet! 

I stained and polyurethane-d every other step.  Then once that set was dry I repeated the process on the opposite stairs.  That whole process took 2 weeks just for proper dry-time.  And this way the stairs were always operational.  I'm hoping to finish them up this week--but don't hold your breath! 


2 comments:

  1. stairs look great! I approve of losing carpet whenever possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really good job. Better idea to do every other stair, as I would have stained half of each step.- no overlaping stain etc.

    ReplyDelete