Monday, October 5, 2015

Saturday

As I say in the side part of this blog-- my life isn't even close to perfect, but this blog makes me look for the good times! 

So after an especially tough (tough!) week, we had a picturesque Saturday that I was proud to be a part of...

 Yoda is having fun with Soccer,
 but still stops to play with his belly button often, so silly!  (he's right in the middle) 

Mimi is learning a lot while playing field hockey.  (she's right in the middle with a white stick pulling up the red stick.)  On this day she said she worked harder then she's ever worked! 
 I think they put together almost every puzzle we own. 
and we played a bunch of our games in the cupboard. 
And a wonderful thing happened by surprise.  

Months ago we noticed that a house on a busy street close by our house had been hit by a car.  (We later heard that this was true, the driver skipped the scene but left his car so he was found.)  

Anyway, it seemed like it was taking a while for the house to get repairs--probably waiting for insurance money and contractors, etc.  Finally the house was complete but the yard was still a mess, a whole tree had to be taken down.  I drove past the house on Saturday and saw an older couple shoveling and working hard.  Although I'm sure they were able to take care of things, why not send my boy scout over to offer fresh energy?  

Parker headed over there with Greg and helped to move some dirt so that the landscapers could come in and do their job.  Parker was rewarded with a little cash, which of course was not our intent, but it wasn't a bad surprise.  Either way, we all felt good! 


2 comments:

  1. You really are a blessed family. Thanks for the pictures and letting see what's happening. love u

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I commented on this when it first came out. Did you reject it ? Anyway, I'm so impressed with you boy scout going over to help. Good for him and really good for the people he helped. I'm also very proud that he is lucky to have a good dad to go with him, Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete