Monday, October 30, 2017

New Bathroom (Again)

3 years ago we had some work done on our bathroom.  It was nice to refresh the area and it didn't cost too much.  It was just a step in the right direction, but it wasn't what we really needed or wanted.  

What was really needed? 2 new walls....  We finally found a guy who was willing to do the work. 

To jog your memory... this is what it was like when we moved in, until Fall 2014.  
Then I did a little work on the vanity and we had our friend (who did the tile work in the kids bathroom) do a little tile work in our bathroom.  I did a bunch of other stuff listed here, but like I said, we needed walls. 

And now...

After Day One: carpet ripped up, framing complete
After Day Two: Drywall up, it felt better already! 
 He moved the door and smoothed out the other opening.  He also installed the new vanity and faucet (we kept the vanity top and new sink from the old redo)

 New floor!  It looks like wood, but it's a vinyl click-in floating floor, so cool. 
After he did all the hard work, I painted and stuff. 
 Painted vanity, and knobs installed. 
and painted walls

Boom! A whole second bathroom! 



A couple funny stories if you're interested:

1-Our handyman is named Chris--the kiddos also have an Uncle Chris.  

Well, it was Chris the Handyman's birthday and I bought him a cupcake.  I also bought enough for the kiddos to have a cupcake in their school lunch.  They were super confused -- where was uncle Chris!? Why wasn't he here for his cupcake!?

2-When we took off the mirror to paint behind it, there was a written message on wall from the previous owners from 2003 talking all about the new paint and new mirror they had installed.  So we added our own stories to it with dates and names.  

3-Greg is a morning person, I am night person.  So when he gets up at 5 am and gets ready for the day, the light would blast my eyes.  When I go to be after 10 pm and brush my teeth, it always wakes him up.  Now we can get ready without bothering each other!

But every now and then we need to get ready at the same time.  I like to make the joke that it would be nice if there was a door in between the shower and sink for privacy.  It's a joke, I'm way happier now!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really amazing. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you showed the whole redo. I can see where the wall there adds a lot without intruding on the room. Good job.

    ReplyDelete