Monday, September 9, 2019

South Yard

There were 3 big, overgrown bushes on the south side yard.  I left them alone because there's more on our to-do list, then time to do any of it. 

Finally I mentioned my idea and Greg started taking out the bushes last summer.  It took SO LONG!  Week after week he or I would hack away at the limbs and roots.  Then I picked up every-single-rock, which also took way too long.  

I didn't get a good before photo, but see how many rocks?! 

Here's one of the root-things finally out of the ground. 


Then we were left with this...



I moved some bricks, dirt and rocks around.  Planted some grass seed and this is what we had for a while...



And now we have this!  A pollinator garden.  Lots of butterflies and bees buzz through.  I have more to plant, but it's going very nicely this summer.  Hopefully next summer will be even better! 
My goal is to never have to do anything once it's all established.

4 comments:

  1. I go between feeling jealous that you have a nice garden to feeling relieved that I don't have to do all that hard work! It looks great. I love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Proud!!!It looks great and anything that feeds bees and butterflies is a good thing. Maybe you'll even have some hummingbirds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pollinator garden and I think your goal rocks.

    ReplyDelete