Monday, September 21, 2020

1058 and All the Puzzles

That's how many blog posts I've done over the past 13 years. Just saying.

We've put together, shared, loaned, mailed, gifted and been gifted so many puzzles the last few months, it's been fun to keep track. 

Washington D.C. puzzle in January, pre-pandemic.

Mimi got her very own Suffragists puzzle for her birthday in February.  I had to hold back from working on it while she was at school!  

When the lock down hit, Mimi found a few puzzles to do on her own. 
These are a couple of space ones from Nana. 
My sister got me this as an early birthday present.   Very cute. 

Yoda got this one for Valentine's Day, but didn't put it together until lock down.  Then he decided to flip it.  So silly.



Video
By May it felt like we'd never get to go anywhere, so we started doing quite a few puzzles.  Here's our 2000 piece that we usually keep to do over New Years break. 

I got this cute, boat one for myself for Mother's day.  

Mimi and Greg picked out our new hardest one for my birthday, it was beautiful but very difficult!  Van Gogh's Starry Night.  We started it on my birthday and didn't finish until the next month.  

Then we needed a classic, quilts on a summer day, ahhhh... (this was a birthday present from my sister either last year or the year before.)

 

I used some of my birthday cash to get this puzzle of Fallingwater.  It's double sided and Yoda couldn't help himself, he flipped it over and over again! 


 

Greg got me this puzzle for my birthday as well.  It's got all sorts of our favorite things: quilts, s'mores, snowshoes (we did that once a million years ago, it stuck with us), hot cocoa....

Now that the kiddos are busy with remote school at home I don't know what to do with myself.  I can't really get into cooking, cleaning or a project, because of the noise.  Or because if I do, someone will likely need my help, usually there's something wrong with the computer or something.  So I got myself a new puzzle to do when I need to keep myself quiet, but busy.  Mimi jumped right in.  She loves camping, stars and learning about astrology lately. 

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to know which one I like best, it should be the quilt one, but I think I'll go with the Falling Water and the flip side. My second fave, this Astrology one, so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those faces on those kids of yours. Too cute. And fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your puzzles are so beautiful! We appreciate the ones you have shared with us. I definitely plan on looking for a new New Year's puzzle for us to do and turning that into a New Year tradition. Thank you for kindling our puzzle interest. Maeve and Vince especially love the solar system puzzle and have put it together many times. And I still feel like putting together the Star Wars puzzle was a huge accomplishment for us.

    ReplyDelete