Monday, October 12, 2020

The front porch

The front porch needed a change, we got to it during this annoying summer.

Here's a before photo from a few years ago...

 

And here's a close up of the redone porch...

Greg tore down the railing and detail up top.  (We noticed a few neighbors had done it and it looked like a good idea.)

We "wrapped" the pillars with a pvc material--no more painting!

Moved the furniture from the back of the house to the front so we can all sit up front.

Simple macrame hanging plants in colorful pots.  

New door color!  A beautiful blue from Benjamin Moore. 

I accidentally caused 3 of the 4 boxwood bushes to die, so I moved the one live one over to the side.  Then I dug up all the pachysandra and re-planted them throughout the front mulch bed.  I also moved the stepping stones around so they make more sense.  Also added some top soil so hopefully everything will grow strong.  

I bought some string lights from Ikea, we've only used them once.  But they're so cute. 

There are some new house numbers along the side of the door as well. 

The smallest detail that we changed but I liked a lot is the peephole.  I bought a new one and replaced it in seconds! And no paint splatters on the new one! 

Tearing down the railing opened up the porch so much and now we spend way more time out there.  It's funny that such a small change made a big difference. 

4 comments:

  1. I've always liked your house, great curb appeal and the inside is convenient and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Transformation Station! Wowzers! The porch looks so inviting. I love all the changes and that you can utilize this awesome space now. Happy! Happy! Also I learned about the ground cover, pachysandra. I had never heard of that plant before. So cool.❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Very modern too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I saw it all in person, except for the door color

    ReplyDelete