Monday, November 16, 2020

All the Legos, all the masks

The kiddos have received many Lego sets over the years and each child plays with them so differently!

Parker liked the mini-figures, Mimi prefers to have a set to put together, leave it alone or take it apart and put it together again, but Yoda is crazy-town, he is constantly taking pieces from different sets and taking them all over the house.  After a while I stopped cleaning them up and just let him go nuts without me chasing after him.

BUT since 2020 has been a total pain and we are inside so much, Mimi would like different sets to work on.  Getting new sets is out of the question, so I decided that I would recreate a few sets for her to keep in her room, untouched by her little brother. 

This is just a taste of what we've been doing...

 

 


And here's some of our masks...  I like our funny little clothes line to air-dry them sometimes.  I've made a bunch, and bought a few.  None feel perfect, but some are better than others. 

And here's our latest way to keep them sorted.  Up high is fresh/clean masks, ready to go, 5 hooks for 5 people. 
And below that is a few hooks for a mask that was only worn for a few minutes or an hour or something and can be worn again.  I can't for this nightmare to be over and I'm gonna burn them all.  That vaccine can't come soon enough. 

3 comments:

  1. You going to have a bonfire party to burn masks? I'm not sure I'm interested in keeping any around for future use or to memorialize them like in a frame on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That crazy yoda. Nice idea for the masks too

    ReplyDelete