Parker started his Senior year internship, called a walkabout.
On Monday he got lost driving home during the 40+ minute drive. On Tuesday he picked a scab and came home COVERED in blood. On Wednesday he texted to say he was coming home early. I was panicked that he had offended his mentor and something was wrong. Nothing was wrong, the guy just needed to go home for something. On Friday he met with the other senior walkabout students in a class called walkabout seminar, but I like to call it the talkabout-walkabout.
********
A few minutes into watching Home Alone, Parker says, "you know this guy is like 40 now?!"
Me and Greg, "yeah, we've know who he is cause he's close to our age."
A few minutes later, Me to Greg, "So Mackle Culkin was is in [name of TV show], it was really funny."
Parker had never heard the name of the actor in Home Alone, "What's a 'Mackleculkin'?"
********
Me, like 30 years ago, "Women are like 1/2 the world, there should be a woman as president"
Person I was talking to, "NO! That would mean the wrong things are happening in our country!"
Me, stunned into silence.
Me this week, SO SO happy that we are at least a little closer to a woman as president, and I hope whoever it was that I was talking to 30 years ago is ok.********
Me to Greg, "when you go for a haircut, please drag Parker along, don't give him a choice."
Later, Greg to Parker, "I'm going for a haircut..." (trying to figure out what to say to make him go with him)
Parker, "Oh, do you want a ride?" (trying to get out of the haircut he knows is coming)
The lady didn't have time for him until next week, he's lucky for now...
********
Parker, while watching a TV show that had people speaking Spanish, "Oh, my gosh, that's so weird. I understand what they are saying...."
Meh, I kind of hope that person is not ok if that was their attitude ;-)
ReplyDeleteLoved those, especially the last one, If I can't live close to you, it's nice to get little nuggets of your life.
ReplyDelete