Monday, June 14, 2021

For now...

There's too much to type about Parker's graduation, so for now I'll show you the contents of Yoda & Mimi's pockets...

They often dump out their pockets on the way to the bathroom and a little pile develops.

Some things are obvious: a solved Rubik's cube, earbuds, pins from a sweatshirt.  

Somethings are funnier: an acorn, a very small post-it note, and a very small bit of paper that is rolled up super tight (this happens quite often and I find them all over the house).  

********

I think Mimi is part squirrel (hence the acorn).  One of her 8th grade teachers shared that she walked into the classroom and saw Mimi kinda perched on the back of her chair.  I mentioned that it sounded like Mimi was turning into a squirrel.  Her teacher said she thought that was a perfect word to describe Mimi!  Always perched on something, and holding things super close to her face.  

Mimi's current principal held a school-wide Zoom meeting to discuss something and I happened to be the only parent who showed up so we just chatted about Parker and Mimi.  He mentioned that when Mimi eats her lunch she is perched on the edge of the stage nibbling away.  I held up my hands just like how Mimi eats and said she eats like a squirrel and he laughed pretty loud.  A few weeks later we were on another Zoom call with that same principal and one of Mimi's teachers.  The principal said right away, "before we begin, would you like to see my impression of Valerie's impression of Mimi eating like a squirrel?"  We all had a good laugh, Mimi is such a good sport! 

2 comments: