Monday, September 22, 2008

The beginings of Sibling Rivalry

Since Superman is now old enough, I agreed to let Greg take him to jujitsu. We've been trying to decide what SM would do well in for a long time. We've done swimming lessons and we will continue that, but I always wanted him to go into gymnastics. Now that Greg is home more, he has the time to take our Superman to something and while making the decision, here was one of the conversations:

Greg:"Do you want to kick and punch or roll and wrestle?"
Superman:"Roll and wrestle"

So Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu it is. He went for his first class last Thursday and LOVED it. As most of you know SM isn't much of a talker, but when he came home that night he couldn't stop talking about it. "Mom, this was my favorite part..." and went on and on, and showed off all his new moves.

Then on Saturday while Greg and SM were practicing, suddenly SM did a move (an arm bar) that he saw but was not taught or practiced during his class! Greg seriously had a tear in his eye, he's so happy--or maybe his arm hurt. It's been 14 years since Greg's won his second state wrestling championship, but wrestling is on his mind all the time.
__________________________________

Frustrated with all the wrestling on the ground Mimi demanded of Greg: "be tall, be tall!"
__________________________________

I was really surprised at this display of sibling rivalry--
Greg and I were surrounding Superman and admiring his first loose tooth, then Mimi came up to us and before jumping into SM's place said: "look at me, I a cute baby!"...




Check out SM throw Greg to the ground.

Superman:"How was that, mom?"

4 comments:

  1. My gosh, he's getting so big. How wonderful to watch the two of them,father and son work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try saying, "Look at me, I a cute baby" in my next staff meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome. Jeremy will be so proud of SM... and so will Eric Bischoff. I never knew they have jijitsu for kids. GO SUPERMAN!

    ReplyDelete