Tuesday, September 2, 2008

More school

Superman:"I reminding you about homework."
Me:"we did your homework, it was about talking about school rules"
SM:"homework is writing down something"
_______________________________
Greg:"How was school?"
SM:"They made me draw a story. And I don't like that, so I just drew an 'X'."
Greg and I--LOL!
SM:"Then I drew a better 'X', a blue 'X', a green 'X'."
_______________________________
In this issue of Reader's Digest (you can click on the picture, it's a link) they reprinted a bunch of old stories that readers have sent in over the years. This is my favorite part of RD every month and this month's had so much to enjoy. This story was cute and funny:

15. The teacher in one of our local grade schools was showing a copy of the Declaration of Independence to her pupils. It passed from desk to desk and finally to Luigi, a first-generation American. The boy studied the document reverently. Then, before passing it on, he gravely added his own signature.
--Katherine T. Floyd

No comments:

Post a Comment