___________________________________________________________
Why is it taking me so long to unpack and get set up? Well, while I spend any time trying to finish one room, Mimi was busy taking apart every other room!
Here she is surveying her damage with her telescope, backwards, by the way._______________________________
Here Mimi and Greg jam out to the Wonder Pets.
_______________________________
While the clear winner from the poll was the living room and only one vote for the laundry room (and it was mine), I went for it first for several reasons:
1) It just made sense that since we were still paying rent at the old, furnished (including washer and dryer) apartment so I could do laundry there until things were all set up.
2) One of the wisest women I know, Nancy, told me that everyone deserves a nice place to do laundry
3) My mother spent far too many decades doing laundry in something akin to a dungeon and tried to make the most of it with white wash and painted flowers on the walls-- and I wanted to do something that nice for me :)
4) I knew if I didn't do it now, I never would.
There are other things I want to do, change out the light, touch up some paint, get some cool art for the walls, but for now, I'm moving on.
Thanks to Nana and Sonya for your help!
_______________________________
Although there was a lot of buzz for redoing the Master bedroom, and believe me that's a room I want done asap, there's a problem, and it's weird, there's a sink in our bedroom, just outside the rest of the bathroom, so until I can afford to correct that weirdness, I'm just painting walls of that room and saving up to do something drastic.
Next room... my guess is the guest room, since I want all of you to visit, just a few at a time...




that pict of Mimi surveying her handiwork is priceless. Your laundry room is wonderful and I'm glad you have such a sunny looking room to do that stuff. Is it on the main floor or in the basement?
ReplyDeleteWe love watching your videos! And it's hilarious when Will tries to imatate them. We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! It was good talking to you this morning.
ReplyDelete