Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Public Transportation?

For the first time in 9+ years Greg drives to work. I'd like to say that it's been our priority to be somewhere with public transportation, but mostly it's been luck. In Utah he walked or took the bus. In Western Mass he took the FREE public bus (for the most part, Socialism works in Massachusetts). For our 5 years in the Boston area he took a free shuttle bus, then a public bus, and then --my favorite-- the purple train. I never had to worry when it was snowy, but you know me, I did anyway. Now he drives the 8 miles (special thanks to his mom and dad for his car) and I worry everyday. He told me that if he didn't like his job he wouldn't work so hard to get there, so that's a good thing, right?

The best thing I did lately was buy Mimi and Indiana their own shovels. They really get into shoveling. We go out 3 or 4 times a storm and they work hard to clear the driveway. Sometimes we have to call back Indi who is 4 houses away, clearing the sidewalks. If it's just snow, Indi can clear as much as me. There was too much ice today and he got tired out quickly.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! that's so sweet, that he's out there clearing snow for the neighbors. Remember the snow in NJ when you helped me clear the car so I could go out on the paper route. We had a half inch a few days ago, Vere called Louie who said he couldn't go to lunch cause he was snowed in!!

    ReplyDelete