Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring

I made this camera out of a soap box and toilet paper tube, then covered it with black paper, for Indiana's career day. If you look close, I put the shutter button on the left side for my little lefty.I love this picture for several reasons: That Mimi dressed herself and nothing really matches and she is wearing no socks, that she has the food on her shirt that she snuck out of the pantry, that she is holding the camera's view finder up to her eye like a film camera (not a digital), and that she is standing with her knees slightly bent to not only get better perceptive for her pretend picture, but to steady her shot since she is clearly using natural light, not a flash.
___________
Indiana ran out of my room after making my bed, wanting to surprise me:"I did some elf-work!"
___________
Mimi, trying to get her shirt on, but needing some help:"Can you help me find my head?"
___________
My very cool sisters gave me a Wii Fit for an early birthday present, but I haven't been able to play with it much since everyone else so excited about it, too. Yesterday everyone was really quiet in the house, and I called out:"Is dad asleep?"
Greg called back:"no, I'm just ski jumping."
___________
Indiana and Greg just turned on the Wii fit and saw that my posture has improved over the two days, so Indi ran to me and said:"Nice posture, Mom!"Here is Indiana's Mii dressed up as a penguin
The point of the game is to balance on the board and strengthen your core muscles. Here he is catching fish on an ice flow.
___________

This week while Greg's mom was in Iowa helping Greg's sister with her new baby, and Greg's dad was at some big meeting of actuaries, Greg's little sister came for a visit. Indiana and Mimi had a blast.

2 comments:

  1. I could use some "elf work" at my house!! Now! Actually, I guess this mamma elf should get back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to catch a fish on an ice flow someday

    ReplyDelete