Indiana:"when do parents go to sleep?"
Me, preparing Mimi for the big-girl bed:"Are you so happy for a big-girl bed?"Mimi:"No, I want my big-girl crib!"
But as soon as she said yes to the new bed, we went for the switch. When my mom was here, she painted the bed that was in my room growing up. I don't think I ever slept in it, (my sister, Tina did) but since I stole the matching furniture from my parents a few years ago, I asked for the bed to match.
We carried everything up from the basement, pulled in the guest room mattress, we got some cute, new sheets (polka-dots, of course) but the only other thing we needed was some wood slats for the mattress to sit on. So I used a saw that we borrowed from a friend (thanks, Emilia) and got some 2x4's from the hardware store.
Greg, on the phone, as I told him all this:"Wow, you really are working on this!"
Me:"I just feel like I can get this task all the way done today"
...of course the bed broke that night...
It is 60+ years old, so it's understandable, but gosh! It would be nice to get a project done every once and a while.
Now she's sleeping on the mattress on the floor with the head and foot board propped up safely around it. She was mostly excited about it, but every now and then she asks for her crib.
As soon as I get her bed repaired and the walls painted, I will post pictures of her Pottery-Barn-esque bedroom. (She wrote wishfully.)
Congratulations to Mimi. That is huge! I know how much she loved her crib. Tyler is the same way and would deffinitely rather be in his crib. Oh, I also meant to thank you guys for all of the great music suggestions.
ReplyDeleteWhat!!? the frame broke. You mean the side boards. I remember we looked at the one and it had been repaired and there was a crack down the length. I guess I thot if it made it thru you kids, it would last a lot more years. Can it be fixed?
ReplyDeleteI'll be there soon and will do the painting!
ReplyDelete