Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas

Me:"I feel like it's too early to take down the tree."
Greg:"That's because you're still waiting for Christmas to start."
Me:"That's true"

let me explain...

we had planned a very quiet Christmas with our new little baby, staying indoors, only visiting with Greg's family, and trying to stay healthy.

I was WAY off. We didn't do any of those things. Oh, we did stay indoors and try to stay healthy, it just didn't work.

These are pictures of the kiddos opening presents. Notice who is missing? Sad picture coming up



Those missing would be baby and me. We were too busy in the hospital, trying to get him to breath on his own.
Like I said everyone was sick, bronchitis for Greg, double ear infections for Mimi, colds for Indiana and I, and we thought just a little cold for baby. But it turned into RSV--obviously staying indoors with washed hands was not enough. The short story is that Greg took him to the ER at Children's hospital, then I spent a little more then 48 hours with him there, and that covered most of Christmas eve and Christmas day.

I learned how grateful I am for health insurance, a city with a really good children's hospital, and family & friends to help when nothing is going right. I also learned that although RSV sounds really scary, if you have the 3 things above, you'll be ok. I've also learned that it's tougher to blog with a baby in your arms.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that all is getting better at your house. Poor little guy! And poor everyone else!! Hope 2010 is a little less adventurous for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little thing! I'm excited to see that little stinker. All the stinkers, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, that is just awful, I'm so sorry!! I'm glad that you had the support and resources you needed to get through it though. Um, on a lighter note, did you white-out his belly button? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's hilarious. I didn't even notice the belly button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Val! I'm so sorry! That's rough. We once had a Christmas eve and day with a child in the emergency room, a subsequent emergency surgery and a parent and child conspiculously absent on Christmas day. We held Christmas until they got home, but I felt like it made me realize that all I really wanted for Christmas was my family together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh he looks so sad and sick! I hope all of you are feeling better. Sorry you missed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... and people make fun of me for keeping baby indoors for 6 weeks. I guess you have to quarantine the whole family to avoid bringing stuff home. I'm glad he's okay. He sure is a beautiful baby, Val.

    ReplyDelete