Friday, June 25, 2010

strawberry jam


First- pick the berries, preferably in the pouring rain, and possibly with thunder and lightning in the distance.
Second- fall asleep on the way home, or at least pretend, as Indiana is doing here.
Next- crush the berries, wear your shirt on backwards for luck, as Mimi is doing here.
Don't forget to wash your hands.
Indiana:"Dad, what's wrong with your hands?! Are you bleeding?"
Mimi:"hmmm" *lick*
Greg:"Hey, don't lick my hands!"

Last-IF you have any energy left, go ahead and can some strawberry jam. Otherwise freeze them all in your GIGANTIC empty freezer in the basement.

5 comments:

  1. deja vu, all over again. What a precious series of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you like crazy. Remember the year you fixed Samantha's elbow... the year of the great jam disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember doing all that when we were kids. Super fun. And you guys all look so tan. I thought the sun didn't shine in Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job.... you gotta love strawberry jam! (the kids are getting so big!)

    ReplyDelete