When I got the camera out to take pictures of how cute Yoda was, I saw what Mimi and Parker were doing and I realized things haven't really changed over the years...
Here's Spring 2005. Parker is parking vehicles in the vintage toy house.
And here's Yoda today filling up a similar vintage toy barn with vehicles. He often uses that same toy house that Parker used, just today it was the barn. The only real difference is Yoda prefers parking trucks and Parker always preferred trains.
When I think of Parker this is honestly the first image that comes to mind. Him laying on the ground, on his left side, rolling trains or cars. He hasn't done this in years, but today was boring enough I guess. I flashed back to him doing this for HOURS at a time when he was little. I thought for sure I had snapped a few photos of him as a toddler doing this, but no! Bad mommy!
When I put up Monday's post I neglected to mention how silly it was that Yoda is running out of the shot. Parker was getting slightly annoyed at this. We had to remind him that he did the EXACT same thing in the Easter picture when he was 2, here's a sample:
First, Easter 2005 Parker trying to get away...
And Easter 2008, Mimi (also age 2) not very happy about this photo either. (Ugh, red eye...)






I love your (our) family!
ReplyDelete