Each Sunday Parker is forced to write in his journal. He does not like this at all. We have to convince him he will be glad he has done this when he is older. He doesn't believe us, or care. Most weeks he writes very fast, short, and silly sentences. This week was no exception. After reading his 4 required sentences, I asked him to write just one more, something interesting about his life, maybe about someone's birthday that just happened....Here's what he wrote...
"It's the anniversary of our new counter-tops."
Apparently he's forgotten his dear mother already--it was me, I was the one he was supposed to write about in his journal. I had an action packed birthday week! So I'm going to write about it even if he doesn't...
I had yummy cake, breakfast in bed, lots of going out to dinner (I dislike cooking--have I mentioned that?), many wonderful gifts from my family and friends, awesome phone calls (love that!), and with the help of my mom and Greg's mom, I crossed two things off my before-I'm-40-to-do-list (it's far too boring and embarrassing to publish on the blog, but here's the two I crossed off) -- we saw planets and stars through a giant telescope and saw This American Life. One thing on the list is to finish that crazy kitchen. We're closer, but basically not that motivated.
My good friend Kimberly has a list like that, anyone else?


The anniversary of the countertops??? How in the world did he remember that ?
ReplyDeleteWhat a goofball.