Tuesday, August 6, 2013

VaCa Post #2

We made it to Grandma's house!  

The kiddos spent hours playing with a bunch of toys that I played with as a child.

 Here's Yoda playing "Chess" with a bunch of Fisher/Price people as the game pieces. 



 One day we went to the town museum where the local quilt guild had some of their quilts hanging up.  My mom had quilted and painted these little quilts.  The inspiration came from a photo I took of Mimi and Parker back in 2008 at the Jersey shore. 

 The local library has more then just books...

 We spent a most of our second full day going shooting. 

 Granddad gave the safety instructions...




 Later the kiddos played in the water to escape the hot, desert sun.

 Grandma read a book that was one of her favorites as a child. 

 We went to see the Indian petroglyphs

 Here's a closer shot.  The sign said some are 500 years old, but some could be as old at 1500 years.



 We also checked out some of the lesser known arches.  Here's the jug-handle arch.

 Some cool, old rock art, this one not quite as old. 
 Hanging with Granddad. 
 Back to arches, here's Wilson arch.
 The kiddos got higher then I could, my shoes just didn't have the right grip-tion needed to get up that flat rock face.  So they hung up there and played around for a bit, and assured me it was flat. 

 Then they thought it would be fun to climb down...

...and then climb back up again...
Then another family climbed up and told me it was a pretty sharp drop down the other side.  AHHH!  I made them climb down right away!  

Ok, we'll take a pause here and do more vacation photos soon.  I know you just can't wait!!!

4 comments:

  1. your kids sure are cute. love the pics with grandma and granddad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you go shooting guns? Looks like up at Warner. Love your pictures of Moab! I miss the Moab of the 80's. Our Grandad Dickerson (G. Thomas) spelled it Grandad and so does my dad. Your dad is Granddad? I miss our Grandad!

    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are wonderful. I will look at them over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harlow has been talking about your kids since she got back from Ohio, especially Thomas.

    ReplyDelete