Tuesday, June 3, 2014

38 days of summer

Seriously, that's how many days we have for summer!  Not counting weekends and our 2 family trips, that's it.  I both love and don't love the structure and schedule of the school year, who's with me? 

When summer comes, I don't know what to do!  Do nothing?  Do a million things?  Be bored?  Be overwhelmed with outings?  I just don't know....

To keep myself sane I go back to when I stopped working and had my little baby Parker...Do one thing a day, whatever it is, do something.

So here goes...

Day one
We stayed in pj's for a while, had a couple of friends over, and signed up for the Summer Reading Program.  Not much, but it felt better then absolutely nothing. 

4 comments:

  1. Very cute picture. You're right, not too much structure, but it's always good to have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect first day of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me curious about how many days of summer we have. I love the do one thing a day motto. I have a tendency to try to do too many things in one day and then feel terrible that I didn't get them all done.

    It's been way too long since I looked at your blog. It's great to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when, one day you said the one thing you accomplished that day was to cut 60 nails, 10 fingernails and 10 toe nails each. Big job!!

    ReplyDelete