Monday, September 29, 2014

Scout Update


Parker and his 11-year-old boy scout leaders worked hard this summer, he made it to Tenderfoot rank.

Also in scouting news...

I put all our scout stuff in shadow boxes that weren't already boxed.  But before I did I wanted a photo of Mimi in my old sash that my mom saved for me. 



 Yoda "photo-bomb" Gibby


Mimi has 20+ patches on the back of her Brownie vest, but I had a precious few back in the day.  There was one I liked SO much I took it off of the sash some time in High School and sewed it on my back pack.  It's now lost, but all these years later I wanted to have my sash back in it's complete form.  
Enter Ebay!  
I found someone selling the exact patch!  So I bought it and added it to my shadow box.  A few weeks ago I finally hung up all the boxes.  
Of course all my patches started falling down!  DOH!!! 

The patch I was referring to is the green flag.
It's in upper-right-hand corner of the shadow box on the left....





4 comments:

  1. Good job!! Where is this in your house that these are hanging?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun it is to see all the patches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just seeing your posts about scouts exhausts me. so much work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the the expression on your kids faces. So full of joy for life.

    ReplyDelete