Monday, August 10, 2015

Hair cuts and table rehab

This is by far the longest Parker's hair has grown.  We headed to the hair-cut-store to get a trim. 





I think I expected something more dramatic, but the hair-cutter didn't seem ready to cut all his hair off, just trimmed it a bit.  And Parker was happy to keep some length the time around. 


 Yoda's hair was pretty long too...


 Ahh... so much better :) 

**********

A few years ago I bought this sweet table on Craig's list.  It looked absolutely perfect except this ugly top.   For years I planned to strip/stain/restore the top, but I did nothing at all. 

Then one night I got a little curious...a few episodes of Friends later, along with soap, water and a scrub brush I have this fantastic table!!!  It's a laminate top rather then a wood finish.  No strip/stain/restore required!  Now it's right by the front door along with the awesome chair. 

2 comments:

  1. I really like Parker's hair with a little length, it makes him very handsome. I can hardly believe you made it to the barber your first day back. I'm really impressed with that beautiful table. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really amazing to me, looking at that table that you saw the possibility of that top, without refinishing, just a good hard cleaning. Things like that table are so much more interesting and fun than a whole room setting from Sears. Takes talent and imagination on your part!!

    ReplyDelete