Monday, April 4, 2016

CHEESE!

Over Spring Break we visited Birmingham, AL.  I've always wanted to see Greg where he was a kid, this year we made it happen!

I have lots of photos to post, but today I'm just putting up Greg and Yoda's little side project:  taking photos of Yoda eating grilled cheese as often as possible.  Somehow it was only 4 times the whole trip. 

Louisville, KY... some in this city claim it is the birthplace of the cheese burger.  Greg heard on a Freakonomics podcast about a woman who ate 2 cheeseburgers a week for a year to find her favorite, so we went to her #1.  It was good, but Yoda had grilled cheese, of course, so this is what sparked their little project.  
 Jason's Deli, a nice chain with lots of things to choose from. Yoda choose grilled cheese of course. 
 
 At Greg's former Bishop's house, they were nice enough to make cranky Yoda a grilled cheese sandwich even though they were making yummy tacos for everyone else.  Super nice people! 
The most amazing was at this great gentrification place called MELT.  So dreamy -- I had the Mac & Cheese in a Grilled Cheese sandwich, it makes me want to go back!  Even the ketchup and mustard were amazing! 

More of the Gibbys in B-Ham to come! 

2 comments:

  1. sounds like my kind of trip. We have a place called Melt here, too, but I haven't been there (yet).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun, and yummy. Mac and cheese in a sandwich, that sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete