We dropped of Greg at the airport, picked up Aunt Sonya and headed to Moab to visit Grandma and Granddad!
As reported before, there was grilled cheese at the Branding Iron. I had the Navajo Taco, it was yummy!
When we picked up Aunt Sonya at the airport, Yoda asked, "Have you heard of Pokemon Go?"
Sonya, "Yes, should we get it on my phone and play it while I'm here?"
Yoda, "Sure!"
Yoda to Parker, whispering, "I convinced Sonya to get Pokemon Go!"
I think we swam everyday while we were there. Here's Mimi off of the high dive.
I sit at watch, since they don't need me in the pool anymore.
As soon as we got there Parker lost his goggles in the deep end. He spent almost an hour trying to get them from the bottom of the pool. Earlier in the summer at Boy Scout camp he had practiced retrieving a 12 lb. weight from the deep end of the pool to earn his lifesaving merit badge. He thought he could do it, but it was very hard for him to do. Finally I gave him some advice that Grandma gave me when I was little and she talked him through it as well. First breath so that there is lots of oxygen in your system. Then empty your lungs so they don't make you float. Then dive like there's $20 at the bottom of the pool and you need to reach it (his goggles were $20 and I wasn't going to get him new ones). He did it after just 2! tries with that advice!
The next day we got up early with Aunt Sonya to visit Arches before the heat, too much sun and lots of other visitors.
In fourth grade, students get a free pass to most of the National Parks. Mimi was very proud of her pass.
First we did a pretty low challenge hike, it was perfect for the kiddos.
Then the sun and heat came and we were all done, it wasn't even lunch time!
So we drove to Delicate Arch and looked at it from afar, promising to come back someday.
Then I think we went to the pool again....
The next day was packed with all sorts of fun stuff.
Target shooting...
Yoda, "this is like our own little cafe!"
Picnic in the mountains...
Lots of fishing...
As we left the mountain to find the swimming lake, storm clouds were rolling in and it was getting cooler and cooler.
We swam a little anyway but I was nervous the whole time.
Eventually they were cold enough to call it a day.
It was a very fun day! And a wonderful time in Moab...



Every day I busily get to work on my projects and am glad I have the time. Then I see these pictures and relive what we did, and I wish I could do that instead of my projects. Well, you have to live each day as it comes. I wouldn't have the energy to do all that every day. Thanks for the picts and the kids. Love that Yoda, convincing Sonya to play polemon!! HaHa
ReplyDelete