Sunday, March 16, 2008

Black Bean Salsa

This is what I'm eating right now and I feel I must share it with the world, or at least the portion of the world reading right now.

1 cup dried black beans
2T. lime juice
1/2 cup white onion, diced (I use WAY less)
1 fresh hot chile, diced (I don't use any)
3 finely chopped small tomatoes (I use WAY more)
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, minced

Bring beans to a boil in 3 quarts of water. Reduce heat, cover & simmer for 1 hour or until tender. Drain, reserving 1 T. of cooking liquid. Place reserved liquid & half of the beans in a small bowl. Add lime juice and mash the beans until smooth. Add the cilantro, onion, chile and tomato. Season with salt. Chill mixture for 4 hours.

I had a dream I was eating this the other day, it's that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment