Friday, September 26, 2008

Housing Update

While I had a celebratory lunch at Panera Bread today, I wanted to tell the clerk, bus boy, and the lady next to me that WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!! But I couldn't because earlier, Superman had wondered off and I (and several other customers) had spent 2 full minutes looking for him and I was still getting over the scare.

We did it
and if you'd like the full details I'll post them (and pictures) later on, but for now above is our little house. Below is the the way our house might look one day...

12 comments:

  1. Val- That's fantastic! Congratulations...I can't wait for that day either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Love the big front porch and all the shade! I'm jealous already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, guys!
    I'm so jealous!
    What do you mean? Little????
    (I like the actual house!)
    You mean I have to move to Ohio
    in order to find something affordable?
    geesh! western mass is just silly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YIPPEE. Does this mean we can book that ski holiday now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a beautiful house. Can't wait to see pictures of the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahoo! Congratulations!! This is such a darling house! Tim loves the porch. He dreams of reading the Boston Globe on a front porch one day. I love all the land this house seems to have. Wow! Way to go! I hope it's as great on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! It looks beautiful! I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, i do want details. I called you 6 times over the weekend! I was trying to get your attention and saying, "Look at me, I a cute baby" does not work if you don't answer the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't answer the phone if I don't have one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see more pictures. I talked to Meta the other day and she said that you two got together and it really made me miss the both of you. I hope everything is going good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agggh!
    You have finally joined the exodus of those who leave beloved Mass in search of a mortgage! The actual house is way better than the 1970spilt level! I am sooooooooo excited for you.

    Love,

    Karissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rvision to my previous comment:

    The 1960s house that you bought is lovely and charming...I love the porch too. On closer look, the 1970 split level is probably new construction, just with out any character. I really love the house you bought. Congratulations!

    Karissa

    ReplyDelete