Thanks to Grandma and Granddad, suppliers of ALL our hats for Halloween this year! Mimi went back and forth with her choice of Halloween costumes up until we were headed out the door. I'm not sure how I got her to keep her costume on, but somehow I did.You may remember that at first she wanted to be R2D2. I found a cool idea here. Then it was "Jesse, the yodeling cowgirl doll" from Toy Story 2. Dora the Explorer came up every now and then. At one point it was Handy Manny. And then as we were leaving she said:
"I dohn want ta be Jesse en MORE-I want to be ini ana DONES!" [I don't want to be Jesse anymore-I want to be Indiana Jones!]
Since we had the hat for Handy Manny, Greg had a green shirt, and I know how to persuade him to do funny things in the name of blogging about it later, Greg went as Handy Manny.
Checking out a puppet show at one of the rooms. They were so in love with the puppet, they didn't even think about the candy.
Room-or-Treat in action
After it was all over they didn't want to take off their costumes, how could I refuse such a cute request? Besides, it meant more fun pictures.
Another part of our Halloween costume evolution story: While Mimi wanted to be R2D2, Superman wanted to be Luke Skywalker (the Jedi one). Then one day he told me that her doll wanted to be Yoda. Some one should do that! If you do, let me know:)
I'll take credit for the red hat, since it was mine in 1991. but you can give credit to mom for keeping it for the past 16-17 years.
ReplyDelete