Me, no idea
Indiana:"See, there's a colon in the time"
for example 8:45, it's fun to see how he translates what he learns at school into everyday things.
_____
After spending most of a Costco trip listening to Mimi whine and me mostly ignoring it, I couldn't take it anymore when she whined one more time time in the car.
Me:"I don't want to hear you whine anymore!"
Mimi, calmly:"I not whining, I just talking"
_____
Me to Indiana:"Do you know what happened 15 years ago today?"
Indiana:"No"
M:"Your dad and mom met at college"
I:"Could you tell me about you met?" (I didn't forget the 'how', he did)
M:"Ok, well..." (I tell him parts of the story, he eats it up along with his cereal. I'll spare you the details but it happened in the mid 90's so there were cool t-shirts involved)
Now we are walking to school
Indiana:"Could you tell me more about you met?"
Me:"Sure. We lived in the same dorms"
Indiana:"What's 'dorms'?"
Me:"It's a where college students live"
Indiana:"Oh, I got 'cha, go on..."
Me:"The dorms were called Deseret Towers"
Indiana:"Like the twin towers?" (He learned about them last week at school, that could be a whole separate post)
Me:"No, these were much smaller, but they aren't around anymore either." (I'm pretty bitter about that, don't get me started) "He lived in the boy's dorm, and I lived in the girls dorms"
Indiana:"What?!"
Me:"Well, boys and girls live in separate dorms"
Indiana:"Why?"
Me, I had never thought of it as a strange idea, but I tried to explain:"Well, it's less messy that way"
Indiana:"Oh"
This photo sums up our courtship, us-sitting in the lobby of said dorms, me-remarkable happy, Greg-strong and steady.
wow, that is a cute picture, val, you look the same, bu greg looks remarkably younger. That's a good thing.
ReplyDeleteI love it. I love that you and Greg met. I love that girls and boys don't live together because it's less messy that way. Thanks for being a wonderful sister-in-law.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the picture... it made me giggle. I need to email you some time about DT.
ReplyDeleteOh, man. Does that just take me back or what?! I swear you and Greg cloned yourselves. And congrats on the soon-to-be addition. I'm way out of touch, but this is fun catching up a little. Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete