Indiana has obviously outgrown this little bike, and we promised him a new one when he learned to ride without the training wheels. I can't help but remember learning to ride a two-wheeler in Moab at my Granddad's house with my cousin's 's bike. She's a little younger then me and therefore had a smaller bike so falling wasn't quite so scary. I thought this would work well for Indiana also-yeah, I was right:)
When I thought about this long Thanksgiving weekend with Greg at home, I suggested those boys get in some riding practice, and they happily got to work.
Day one: Some silly falling and lots of laughing.
They took off the training wheels and I turned around to see Indiana at the top of the driveway's slight hill and Greg letting him ride down with no assistance. Luckily he landed on the grass.
My protective instincts kicked in, Me:"What are you doing? Who taught you to ride a bike?"
Greg, flatly:"The ground"
Day two: a little more falling, but also more confidence, and of course more laughs.
Day three: riding like a pro! I guess we are going bike shopping...
______________
Greg sharpening his carving skills. I told him I wanted to get a pre-cooked turkey and just spend time on the sides. I'm not really one for handling raw meat. But he and Sonya did everything, I didn't even see it until it came out of the oven!
yummy sides
No football this year (no sadness here), just A BUNCH of rockband!
Sonya flew in with her buddy Sophie. I'm not sure who was laughing more, the kiddos or me.
What trip with Sonya would be complete without a few whoopie pies? We actually made these ones. They were delish! I mean De-lick-ish!
Greg sharpening his carving skills. I told him I wanted to get a pre-cooked turkey and just spend time on the sides. I'm not really one for handling raw meat. But he and Sonya did everything, I didn't even see it until it came out of the oven!
yummy sides
No football this year (no sadness here), just A BUNCH of rockband!
Sonya flew in with her buddy Sophie. I'm not sure who was laughing more, the kiddos or me.
What trip with Sonya would be complete without a few whoopie pies? We actually made these ones. They were delish! I mean De-lick-ish!
I'm still laughing about your comment when you saw Sophie, "When you said you had a surprise, I was not expecting that!" LOL!
ReplyDelete