Wednesday, December 2, 2009

pregnancy update

Due date in 2 days
Baby gear at the ready
Baby clothes washed and put away
Impossibly small diapers purchased
Indiana and Mimi prepped
No name finalized yet

But when I was checked at my appointment today:
Zero dilation
Zero effacement
and
Zero contractions
but on the bright side ZERO signs of cholestasis. (I had this at the end of my pregnancy with Mimi and it's the itchiest feeling in the world, it's so rare that when I tell any doctor or midwife it takes them a full 2 minutes to believe me. After they blink a million times, pick their chins off the floor and ask me tons of questions to make sure they understand what I'm really saying.)

I came home a little saddened and frustrated, so I let Mimi watch a little TV. I fell asleep and woke up to this song, mocking me.  FYI--the song is called I Love CONTRACTIONS!

8 comments:

  1. You are too funny! I am sleeping with the phone by me waiting for your call!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very glad you shared this--I needed a laugh. Love ya, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo on all the zeros! (total agreement about the ridiculously tiny diapers, though. Did my other kids ever wear those?!)

    I hope the weekend gets much more eventful for you than just a ward activity and boundary changes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that whole message, but especially, "Indiana and Mimi prepped". How sweet is that! luv Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. That song is cruel and unusual punishment for a woman who is full term. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the funniest thing I have heard all day! I heard a million times, "the third one's a wild card"--labor could be two hours or two weeks long. Good luck--we can't wait to hear the happy news.

    P.S. Did I ever tell you that from your cholestasis experience with Mimi I was able to correctly diagnosis my sister in law with the same thing two weeks before she was due! I suggested it before the doctor's did! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow... I don't know what I'll do if I make it to my due date this time. It's always a guess of how early baby will come. Never had all that stuff prepped before. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the funniest song to wake up to. I can only imagine hearing that the while over due. :)

    ReplyDelete