Monday, October 24, 2011

Trucks and Cuts

Yoda LOVES trucks
Here he is driving his truck in-to and out-of the recycling bin.  We think he was pretending to be Lightning McQueen driving in-to and out-of Mack Truck--like this:



As you can see he really needed a hair cut.  So we took care of that. 

Here he is in his famous truck pj's and sporting his new hair cut. 

But we also had some cool truck visitors this week.  In this shot, (I know it's tough to see--if you click on the picture it may get bigger) the tree trimmers were hard at work cutting random branches from our big tree and our 2 small trees.  You may also see the guy on the porch in a yellow hard hat.  Yoda was in heaven, but Mimi cried a lot.  She kept reassuring herself by saying that it's just like a hair cut for the trees. 


 Here's our trees after their "hair cut".

And here they are exactly 2 years and 1 day ago.  We loved the shade (there's not much of that anymore) and we love the leaves to jump in, but apparently the grass and the little trees need some sunshine too--so needy.  Also there were some loose limbs that could have fallen at any time--yeah! for saving the car!  


Speaking of the car--we had a bonus truck visit our house.  Mimi stuck a pencil in the ignition of our little car.  We couldn't get the key in the slot, so we called AAA.  The guy got the car started, but by the next morning it was not reliably turning on (it would turn on sometimes / not turn on other times).  So when we were able to get it working, we took it in.  The people at the shop said that we had too many different keys and the pencil may have put us over the edge, but eventually this would have happened anyway.  That's our Mimi, so efficient! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you only trimmed his hair, it is such beautiful hair. I was nervous you would cute it way back.

    Tell Mimi that the only way I can cut back living bushes is to tell myself that it is a haircut. I feel the same as she does. I love the live trees and bushes.

    ReplyDelete