Monday, April 23, 2012

Princess and Family Portraits

Yoda calls Mimi "Princess".  Totally his idea, and it came out of nowhere.  Greg and I do not call her that, it's all him--so silly.

Mimi is a lot like me when I was little.  Sees the reasons that girls like to play princess, but doesn't quite know how to BE the princess. My point is illustrated by a conversation on the way home from school last week...

Mimi:"I've decided that I'm giving Princesses one more try....When I play princesses with [girls at school] I'm very serious.  I do things like Karate."
__________

Always lots of family portraits going on here.
 Here's one of all of us as butterflies.  Yoda is of course a caterpillar on the far left....

I had each person in the family do a little painting on this canvas and then pulled off the painters tape.  So it's a family portrait of sorts :)

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Very clever to make a picture like that. Artistic. I'd love to see that finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Shauna. I can't wait to see the final product.

    I love Princess Mimi's seriousness.

    ReplyDelete