Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Meet this guy

Anytime someone comes over, Superman creates a version of that person on our Wii. This guy came over to buy our futon and before we knew it, there he was on our TV.

Here's us on the first piece of furniture that we bought together as a married couple (all those years ago) and now it's gone *sniff*. Is it silly to be sentimental about a lumpy, creaky, second-hand futon?

5 comments:

  1. Bye bye futon. Ah, the fun I've had on that futon... sitting and talking with you for hours while our kids played with trains - talking about Pam & Jim... occasionally watching a Pam and Jim moment that you recorded for Greg on your VHS player...

    Drifting off to sleep on it with you and Jenn while we tried to keep talking until our guys were finished playing their games...

    Shopping at IKEA for it's replacement so it could go in the baby's room before the baby was a cute little swimmer in her big brother's bathing suit...

    Sleeping on it when I came back for a visit after moving far far away, before moving far far far away...

    Farewell futon... your memories far outweigh your creaks and bumps. May you bring your next family and their friends as much comfort and support as you brought the Gibby's and theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Valerie! I just re-found your blog and am quite excited to "catch up". I can totally relate to the futon issue. Lee and I just sold our futon also, which I bought before we got married. It has been our couch for our entire married life. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I shouldn't have sold it...
    *sniff*again

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it!!! You sold the futon without telling me. I would have bought it just for the sentimental value.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you sold the futon without telling me. If I'd known I'd have bought it just for the sentimental value.

    ReplyDelete