I wish this post was titled "the end", meaning the end of the kitchen redo. But it's not, it's the middle.
Things are moving along, but slowly. I'm trying to keep things from getting too messy, so that I can keep the kitchen fully functioning, but sometimes it's tough. I don't want to double the cost of fixing up the kitchen with going out to eat at every meal...
Here's the room with some paint stripped off, some still in place.
Greg took the kiddos for most of a whole Saturday so that I could sand down the inside cabinets. Yoda gets really upset by the sound of the sander, and unplugs it. It makes for some frustrating sanding.
The final appliance to get the switch was the microwave--so we did that, too. Of course something as simple as switching out a microwave should only take someone 3 minutes-- it took us more like 20. It's like a curse.
Long before we moved in, one of the previous owners moved some of the kitchen cabinets to the garage. Our plan is to move one of them back in. The cabinet's plan is to make that as difficult as possible. Greg helped me take this beast down. Again, something that would take a normal person 5 minutes, took us close to an hour. Ugh.
This is close to where we are right now, although the microwave is no longer on the floor. There's still that lovely hole in the linoleum that brings horror to all those that visit. I have big plans for the floor and they change from week to week. This week it's to make a floor cloth to cover it until I decide what to do permanently. Good thing my mom is here to help!
Here's Yoda covered in paint, he's a cute, little distraction.
Here's a random shot of some of my favorite tools for this painting job. Sanding block, so that I can sand without disturbing Yoda, small roller brush, yellow paint funnel thingy, and paint-can key. The only thing missing is the hard rubber mallet that I use to close up the paint cans. I'm crazy about keeping paint cans clean and easy to open and close. So the yellow paint funnel thingy, key and mallet help with that.
I made the kiddos help empty the cupboards...
Here's the pile of stuff that we put in the family room so the stuff would avoid getting dusty.
__________
Just to refresh your memory, here's what the kitchen used to look like...
And if you want to see more of the redo, click here. Wish us luck on the next part!










we forgot to hang the cabinets before I left. Anyway, the kitchen is coming along. Can't wait to see "the end." (Sash)
ReplyDelete